Sunday, April 26, 2015

Do NOT Drink Shakeology, IF......

This blog post has been a long time coming.....I have been contemplating it since the middle of January and finally decided that it's finally time to share it! I want to share my Shakeology story/transformation with you today, along with a little warning....do NOT drink Shakeology if you wouldn't enjoy these side effects below.....



WARNING: Side Effects May Include....
*Lasting Weight Loss
*Increased Energy
*Better Digestion
*Healthy Skin & Nails
*Improved ALL around health!! 
 (a little rundown of what Shakeology is: an all natural meal replacement shake & daily dose of dense nutrition that is jammed packed full of super foods and antioxidants)


I started drinking Shakeology a little less than a year ago......but I want to rewind about 10 years ago. So, we as women go to the ob/gyn every year (well at least you should and if you are not I encourage you to do so!) for an annual check up. Up until I was about 23 years old my annual check ups were always easy and non-stressful. That ALL changed when I went for my yearly check up the year of my 23rd birthday and about 2 weeks later got the call that no woman wants to get.....'we have your results, your test came back abnormal, we will need to do further testing'! WHAT??? My heart instantly sunk and I started questioning everything, 'why me', 'how could this happen', 'what is wrong with me' and about a million other things went through my mind. So I scheduled my next appointment and test (a colposcopy) with my doctor and waited. Come appointment day I was a ball full of nerves and still so so confused, my doctor was amazing, I have been with her since I was 16 yrs old and she made sure I understood everything that was going on and reassured me that 'this happens and it'll be ok'! This test I was having is a little more invasive so afterward I was given my instructions and sent on my way, of course still a nervous mess! Fast forward 2 weeks and my phone rings and it's my doctors office and this time it wasn't a dreaded call, it was a call saying that the results from the test were 'normal'! I instantly felt like I could breathe again and that a huge weight had been lifted! BUT I did need to come back for a follow up in 6 months rather than the normal every year! I was ok with that as long as I was ok! Or so I thought......

We are going to fast forward 6 months to that next appointment.....it was a routine appointment like always and then 2 weeks later, I got that dreaded call AGAIN 'your results came back abnormal, we need to do further testing'! Again my heart sunk and I began to question everything AGAIN!!! Of course I scheduled the next appointment and test and AGAIN this test came back 'normal'! I began to wonder what the heck is going on inside of me? Well at the time I wasn't living a healthy lifestyle, I was drinking like a fish and eating out any chance I got! This process of abnormal results, then further testing went on for about 10 yrs (YES you read that correctly, 10 yrs!) until I finally decided that something needed to change with ME! 

This brings me to my Shakeology story and transformation! 
Last March (2014) my husband and I really buckled down and started living a healthy lifestyle. We were both at our heaviest weights and we were just unhappy and wanted a change! We started a Beachbody workout program together called FocusT25 and started planning/prepping our meals with the correct portions, and eating more clean! This program was 10 weeks long and we both had AAAHHHHH-Mazing results from the program and our new found clean eating lifestyle, my husband lost 20 lbs. and I lost about 5 lbs. but totally defined and toned by body BUT most importantly we FELT GREAT inside and out!! I wanted more of this feeling so I reached out to my Beachbody Coach about Shakeology and what I needed to do to become a coach. So I purchased Shakeology and signed up to become a Team Beachbody Coach,(over the last 11 months I have drank Shakeology everyday and have completed FocusT25, PiYo, the 21 Day Fix, P90, Insanity Max30 and the 21 Day Fix Extreme workout programs and have lost about 18-20lbs.), I would've never thought that day when I made that choice, that our lives would be forever changed! 


Brad (my husband's FocusT25 transformation)
My FocusT25 Transformation

Fast forward to this year, the year of my 34th birthday, I was scheduled for my yearly ob/gyn appointment in January (2015). I go to the appointment, not as on edge as I usually am, because I can feel a HUGE difference in my body and all the changes that I have made over the last several months. The appointment goes as usual, but one thing that my doctor asks is 'how did you lose 18 lbs. in the course of a year and not look sick'? I said to her 'my husband and I have been drinking Shakeology, eating healthy and doing Beachbody workout programs daily', she was very proud and said 'well good for you'! Appointment was over and I was on my way, I had a good feeling and for the 1st time in a LONG time couldn't wait to see what those results were going to be in a few weeks! 2 weeks went by and nothing, I started to get worried and told my husband I hadn't heard anything, could that be a good sign or a bad sign? Well that day, in February I received the call I've been wanting for a very long time, it was the doctors office assuring me that the results were NORMAL and that no further testing will be necessary!! To some that may not be a big deal but this was HUGE for me, for us, we have been battling this on going and stressful process for the last 10 years and it finally ended!

Next month,  May 28th to be exact, it will be one year that I have been drinking Shakeology and living a healthy lifestyle and the changes I have seen over this last year from these (simple) lifestyle changes is beyond words! Shakeology daily, eating healthy and working out daily gave me my life back!! I am not saying 100% that Shakeology was the reason for these good/normal results BUT what I am saying is that it has changed my body inside and out and I know that it was a combination of just drinking Shakeology and living a healthier life that gave me these results and for that I will forever be grateful!

The point of this blog post was to show you the absolute IMPORTANCE to living healthy and just exactly WHY I love and believe in Shakeology so so much! Sharing this very personal information isn't easy and it brings back alot of heartache and frustration within myself BUT if I can reach 1 person through sharing my struggles & my story, then it was worth it! I encourage you first and foremost to TAKE CARE OF YOU!!! God gave us 1 life and body to live in, we need to cherish it, I am so happy that I took my life back and made a change and I will never go back to where I was! And secondly, if you have ever thought about, had questions about, wanted to try Shakeology or have NO CLUE what Shakeology is, reach out to me I'd be happy to tell you more and help you get started on your healthy LIFE journey!
Thank you for taking the time to read my story!!


-xoxoxoxo
Jenn








No comments:

Post a Comment