Sunday, February 8, 2015

Skinny Hibachi.....SAYYYYY WHAT????

Sooooooo last weekend my hubby and I were out grocery shopping and we had eaten a late lunch. We kind of figured we would be hungry later on that night so I just said 'I'll pick something up while we shop'. Well the hubby of course was like 'babes I'm craving Yokoso!' (a hibachi restaurant where we live). So of course once he said that I soooooo wanted some too, but it was too late at that point because we were out shopping and still had to get home and put the groceries away. I decided to pick up a few things at the store that I knew I needed to make my *SKINNY* version of hibachi!!! 




I couldn't let this AMAZING recipe go by without sharing it with you!!! So here is my healthy little cheat meal for ya! 

*Skinny Hibachi*
What you'll need: 
-1 6 oz. bag of John Soules Beef Steak Strips
-1 6 oz. bag of Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips 
-1 12 oz. bag of fully cooked, tail off shrimp (I found a bag at Walmart) 
-3 bags of Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Boil in Bag rice
-2 Tblsp of Coconut Oil or EVOO for sautéing 
-La Choy Lite Soy Sauce
-2 Large Egglands Best Organic Eggs/Or you can use egg whites
-Garlic Powder, Pepper, Sea Salt, Minced Onion for taste








What you'll do: 
-Place your 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or EVOO into your skillet to heat up, place the steak/chicken and shrimp in pan and sauté for about 20 mins. add your seasonings. 
-While your meats are sautéing, boil your rice (as per instructions on box), once it is fully cooked, add it into another skillet (or you can do the same as your meats) and add your 2 eggs (this will make your fried rice), cook this up until eggs are fully cooked. 
-Once you have done both of these steps and everything is all cooked mix all of the cooked ingredients together in a BIG bowl and serve!! 
ENJOY!! 
And just like that you have a healthier version of hibachi at home!!!! At a much lower cost too I might add!!! 


I would not say and am not claiming that this recipe is 100% clean BUT it is something that I like to make every once in awhile for a yummy/healthy weekend cheat! My husband & I LOVE this recipe and I hope your family enjoys it just as much!!! I'd love to hear your feedback and how you put your own twist on this recipe, let me know your thoughts in the comments below and feel free to share with your family & friends! 



-xoxoxoxo
Jenn









No comments:

Post a Comment