Wednesday, April 1, 2015

5 Tips for a Hoppin', Happy & Healthy Easter

I seriously cannot believe that we are only a few days away from Easter??? Crazy to me, where the heck did March fly away to? That month came and went so fast!!! BUT we are here, I am super excited for Easter Sunday and to get to spend time with family AND that we are getting closer to Spring & Summer!! I don't know about you but I am OVER this winter and cold weather!! 

Sooooooo with that being said, we all know that holidays are great, but with the holidays comes indulging and splurging on foods we don't always eat on a daily basis. I get that, I totally do, because I definitely live by the 80/20 rule when it comes to nutrition.....because let's be honest if you restrict yourself, you will start to dislike what you are doing and not stick to it.....moderation with everything is KEY in my opinion! 

I want to share with you my 5 Tips that keep me on track during holidays like Easter!! Even though I LOVE to have a little indulgence and treat here and there, I always feel tired and sick after overeating! To me it's just not worth it BUT I have a few tips to help you fight those indulges and not over do it this Easter holiday! 




  • Exercise!! Make sure to mark off some time on your schedule for some exercise this week/weekend before the Sunday Holiday! Even if it’s just a few short minutes, this will help you burn off excess calories!
  • Balance Your Meals Out: Don’t be tempted to fill up your plate with rich, high caloric food. Instead have a tiny bit of everything, including fruits & veggies! Doing this will still get you that little bit of indulgence in moderation! 
  • Prepare for outings: There is no reason to totally give up your healthy eating during the holidays, all we have to do is learn to manage it a bit more carefully over the holidays! 
  • Stock up on Healthy Snacks: Be sure to have some healthy snacks on hand at home, that way when you are tempted you can just grab one of those to curb your craving! Also about a 1/2 hour before you leave for your event or party, have a small snack to hold you over and keep you somewhat full until dinner so you don’t find yourself munching on chips or sweets! 
  • Don’t over eat: I know we have always been told that we should eat everything on our plates but you are an adult now, don’t feel obligated to lick your plate clean. When you feel full, stop eating, it’s that simple! 

I hope these tips will be useful and help you stay on track for this upcoming Easter Holiday and remember, everything in moderation, moderation is KEY to success in your journey! 


**HAPPY EASTER!!**
-xoxoxxoxox
Jenn 







No comments:

Post a Comment