Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 1 of Hammer & Chisel


                     

Ok you guys.....HERE.WE.GO!!!

It's official, after a long wait (they announced it in July but we had to wait until December to get our hands on it!!), we finally started the new Master's Hammer and Chisel workout program!! BEST part about doing this program?? The hubs is on board with me!! We haven't done a full program together since, T25, so it's been awhile! 

Lucky enough for us, we have FULL access to our workouts, meal plan, calendar and MUCH more through Beachbody OnDemand (aka Netflix for workouts) so we didn't have to wait for our package to come in the mail, we just logged in and BOOM workouts and resources at our antsy fingers tips! 

Hammer & Chisel is definitely giving us a run for our money....our bodies are sore and tired, in a good way! I am feeling accomplished!! The workouts are HARD, for sure, but if you are like me and up for a challenge, H&C does NOT disappoint! The workout schedule offers 3 workout days - REST - then 3 more workout days, and this is a total body workout PLUS weight lifting program, so you can imagine that our bodies are feeling it! 

This week I can say without doubt that I am 100% thankful for the Beachbody Performance Line supplements. 
Energize is going down the hatch!! Got to stay charged
for my workout!!

I have been using the Performance Lines pre-workout, Energize, ever since it came out and I have to admit that I am addicted!! It gives me just the energy boost I need to power through my workouts without the jittery feeling I've gotten from other pre workouts. Energize has given me ALL that I need until now.....with these workouts I needed to keep my pre-workout in my routine BUT my body also needed something for after these intense workouts, something to help my muscles recover from exercise induced soreness.  >>>>> ENTER the Performance Line RECOVERY shake <<<<< I fully expected these workouts to be hard and push me and my body to it's limits, but that doesn't mean that I need to crawl around or look like I can barely walk, hahaha! THAT is what I love about this Performance line, I have those after workout jello legs, chug some Recovery and wake up the next morning feeling like a million bucks!
Let's Talk FOOD!
Buffalo Chicken Casserole with Broccoli (his & hers)
I ALWAYS hear from people that they are afraid to follow a 'meal plan' or the 'container system' because they are afraid they will be hungry......well let me tell you this, I'm actually full and some days I struggle to eat/fit in all my containers!! So NO you won't be hungry/starving on this plan, I can promise you that. What I will say though is you must PLAN. I have learned that planning is KEY on this journey and it's proving that even MORE to me during this program! 

While I didn't write out our meal plan in week #1, we stuck to it to a T! During week 1, I wanted to play around with some recipes (which you will find under the 'recipes' section on this page) to see what we liked and didn't like, and THIS week (actually today) I will write out our meal plan and share it here

The meal plan for H&C is very similar to the 21 Day Fix so it wasn't super hard for us to follow, since we've been doing that for awhile now. So, the way it works: You do a calculation based on your weight, activity level and your goals......and you get a  your “plan” to follow during the program. Your plan will tell you how many portions of each food/container you get and then you gotta get to work and PLAN IT OUT! 


Remember....."Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail!"

The hubs and I are eating ALL the same food but definitely different portion sizes, as you can see here....
His & hers UnStuffed Peppers
Here is an example for you on him vs. me in the calorie/container brackets......I fell in the 1200-1500 range which gives me: 4 REDS (proteins), 2 YELLOWS (good carbs), 2 PURPLES (fruits), 3 GREENS (veggies), 1 ORANGE (nuts & seeds) and 1 BLUE (healthy fats/cheeses). AND the hubs falls in the 3000-3299 range giving him: 8 REDS, 8 YELLOWS, 5 PURPLES, 9 GREENS, 1 ORANGE and 1 BLUE. Sooooo as you can see, it's the same food but VERY different portion sizes! 

One thing my husband keeps saying to me 'are you sure I'm allowed to eat all this food?' and I just keep telling him to TRUST the process!! These programs are created and designed the way they are because they WORK! I have been there and saw it with my own eyes, so even though somedays it's a challenge we WILL follow the plan because I know results will follow! 

All in all, we are only 1 week in and LOVING everything about this program so far! I can't wait to see what the next 50 days bring.....1 thing that it is already doing....bringing us closer as a family & that to me means more than anything!  


  Wanna join us??? My current New Year, New YOU accountability group still has spots open and 1 could be YOURS, just take a minute to fill out this form to be considered.
I will guide you and be there doing it with you every step of the way!! TOGETHER, we are better, and TOGETHER we CAN DO THIS!!!
         

......until next week!! 


-xoxoxoxoxo
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment