Monday, February 8, 2016

Ground Chicken & Brown Rice Taco Casserole

Ok soooooo I LOVE Mexican food, like I REALLY LOVE it!! I could eat Mexican food all day, everyday and never get sick of it! So of course I needed to find a recipe that would feed my Mexican food cravings and not KILL my meal plan. I started experimenting in the kitchen this weekend and I found myself a WINNER! A mixture of ground chicken, peppers, brown rice and a little bit of cheesy goodness! Seriously you guys it's pure HEAVEN in the kitchen! And the best part about it is.....it fits into my Hammer & Chisel meal plan! WIN/WIN! Sooooo now that I have your mouth watering, here is the recipe ----->>>>>




*21 Day Fix & (now) Hammer & Chisel Approved: Taco Casserole*

Ingredients: 
3 - 1 lb. pkgs of ground chicken
2 - green bell peppers 
1 - orange pepper/ 1- red pepper/ 1- yellow pepper 
2 - cups Jasmine brown rice (cooked)
1/2 - can of organic black beans 
1 - can of LaCostena Mexican Salsa 
1 - cup of Organic Shredded Mozzarella cheese (I use Organic Valley Farms brand)
about 12 Multi Grain Tortilla chips


Directions: 
Cook ground chicken in skillet until done. Dice/Cut up pepped and sauté with black beans in EVO until tender. Cook rice according to pkg. Once the chicken and the peppers are done, mix with all other ingredients in a large bowl. Layer the meat/pepper mixture in a 9x11 greased baking dish, then crunch 2-3 of the multi grain chips over top of that layer (continue to do so until you are at the top of the pan). Sprinkle mozzarella cheese & left over chips on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. and ENJOY! 



21 Day Fix/Hammer & Chisel Counts in ENTIRE RECIPE: 9 Reds/6 Yellows/3 Blues/3 Greens......1 GREEN container is 1 serving, equivalent to 1.5 Red/1 Yellow/1/2 Blue/1/2 Green. Makes 6-8 servings. 


This recipe will be a STAPLE in our house each week for sure!! It's GREAT for leftovers and will freeze well too!! 



-xoxoxoxo
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment